A Calligrapher’s Home: Ylva Skarp
We had shared an image on our Instagram page a few days ago and it would have been a loss if we didn’t share the entire home of calligrapher Ylva Skarp here. Filled with vintage pieces that tell all kinds of stories (just look at the dining table for example!), her home holds as much character as her work. We love how she has combined those vintage finds with modern classics such as the Eames DSW chair.
A few things we can find in her home, or some tips you can keep in mind to recreate the little details. Have fun!
- Mix of styles: Combining the Eames DSW chairs with different furniture styles
- Lamps hanging from the ceiling: use our wall Jielde-style wall lamps to achieve the same effect
- Bare bulbs: the Edison bulbs are perfect for this! Combine with a white or black power cord and you’re good to go.
- Monochrome art: like our LIFE Manifesto poster, not calligraphy, but monochrome + meaning? Yes!
- Kitchen stools: upgrade this step by choosing for a timeless Tolix stool by Xavier Pauchard.
Photos by Kristofer Johnsson for Residence magazine